Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

Charlotte Hornets: Blogging as it happens.

Hey guys, I'm going to (try) to stay faithful to this post and to the great amount of news that is going to be happening within the next few days regarding the possible (at this point, likely) change of name from Bobcats back to the Hornets.

Just in case you've been living under a rock, this is a very, very real thing. I don't have the time to catch you up on all of the news, but I can link you to two major facebook sites (with twitters attached) where a lot of the news is being broadcast, and here they are.

We Beelieve

Bring Back the Buzz

I will also go ahead and link you to an article I wrote a couple of days ago, summarizing all the news at that time. Here you go. There's a lot of information stuffed in the three links I gave you, but check them all out.

For those of you lazy bums, I will very briefly summarize. The Charlotte Bobcats are hosting a "town hall" meeting tonight before their game before the New York Knicks. Present at the meeting will be NBA deputy (and soon to be outright) commissioner Adam Silver, and many bigwigs in Charlotte management.

This is coming days before the end to both the New Orleans Hornets (soon to be Pelicans) and Charlotte Bobcats season, both of which play their final games on April 17th.

Also on April 17th is an entire release of teal and purple Jordan Grape apparel. This includes shirts, shoes, socks, hats, shorts... really, everything. Also coming out will be a re-release of the teal and purple retro Jordan V Grape, one of the most iconic pairs of basketball shoes of all time.

Local news channels are reporting on the significance of all of this news, interviewing the founders of grassroots campaign. You can't open your eyes without seeing something about the Hornets coming back to Charlotte.

Do yourselves a favor and click on the links I provided to get even more news, and keep checking back here, as I will be giving as many live updates as I can regarding new turn of events. John Morgan, founder of We Beelieve, will be at the town hall meeting tonight, live tweeting and letting us know what's happening, so I'll try to keep up with him. You should too.

Here are some important twitter accounts to follow in the coming days.

@BringBackTheBuz
@We_Beelieve
@BoydCDerp

Follow, watch, come back and check all of the sources I've given you, and be excited. Things are going to busy in the next couple of days. I haven't been this excited in a long time.

Time to bring back the BUZZ!


No comments:

Post a Comment