Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

Finding the right spot.

This is something I've been putting off for a while. Don't ask me why, I can't give you a straight answer.

I don't know if my thoughts or ramblings are interesting enough to attract viewers, and I definitely don't know if my writing is exciting enough to keep viewers coming back.

But as I sit here on my couch, after another day of endless writing and trying to prepare for my third university of my college career, I realized it was time I started a blog. For real this time. Not just some piece of shit, once every three month post blog, but something to actually help document what's going on in my life.

I won't get into specifics with this post, because it would likely take days to write and as much time to read. I will tell you that whatever is coming into my head will be on this blog.

My brain is constantly dancing around sports, music, psychology, stress, and school. I have a few good friends and family members who take care of me, and I have a few people who have completely abandoned me for greener pastures.

That's for another day. The point is, I get by.

I don't know where I'm going to be in January... to put it into perspective, I've spent four years in university. One semester at the University of South Carolina (which I hated), and three and a half years at Winthrop University, which I hated slightly less than USC.

I was very close to earning my bachelor's in psychology when I realized this summer after a series of pretty horrible events that I actually hated what I was doing. Not just hated in the sense of "oh, this kind of sucks having to go to class for something I don't care about", but in a real, deep pitted anger filled hate that made me want to puke at the thought of it.

The professors I've had have been great and I hope I never lose contact with some of them, same for the people I met at Winthrop. But it's time for me to move on. I've applied to several colleges, only one of which is in the state of South Carolina. I don't know where I'm going yet, but once I know, you'll know. If you're reading. Which you're probably not.

That's it for this post. It was mostly introductory. Probably at least 75% of what appears in this blog will be sports related, since I have every intention of becoming a professional sports journalist, and I already write for a sports website called BleacherReport.com.

The other 25% will be stuff like this. Me bitching about my life, or in the rare case that I'm actually happy, me telling this blog that I'm happy.

Whatever.

You get the point.

No comments:

Post a Comment